If your date night prep isn’t as good as pre-drinks with the girls, you’re doing it wrong. Getting ready for a big night out should be an absolute treat no matter who you’re spending time with. Throwing on your go-to dress after a quick shower simply won’t do!
I never really need an excuse for a nice long bath, but there’s something about date nights that make me want to combine as many bubbly potions as possible! Whether you’re meeting a hottie from Tinder or hanging out with your long-term partner, you’ll want to feel your best. That’s why I often put more effort into bathing than I do my hair and make up (sorry, that’s pretty much a sin as a beauty blogger)! A little bath therapy can help calm you mind and ease you away from pre-date nerves.
I thought I’d share a lovely little bath cocktail recipe with you that combines the herbal scents of clary sage, rosemary and jasmine. Each ounce of essential oil swirls up with the steam to create an intoxicating aroma that will stay with you all night long. Here’s my go to recipe for a magic date night
love potion bath cocktail that will make look and feel your best.
Let’s get started
You will need: Radox – Stress Relief, Lush Cosmetics – Sex Bomb Bath Bomb, Soap & Glory – The Daily Smoothie, Lush Cosmetics – Cosmetic Catastrophe, Lush Cosmetics – Tender as the Night Massage Bar
1. As soon as the water starts to rush, pour in the Radox Stress Relief bubble bath.
2. Swish the water with your hands whilst the water is still low to create mountains of bubbles in seconds. It’s much easier to do this when the water is running, as you can move the water around more freely.
3. Whilst the water runs, apply your Lush Cosmetic Catastrophe face mask. The steam from your bath should have opened your pores, giving you the perfect base to ensure your skin takes on all the nutrients. My favourite ingredient in Cosmetic Catastrophe is the Kaolin clay. Nothing makes my skin feel better!
4. Once you’ve run your bath to optimal temperature, submerge yourself in the bubbles and take a Lush Sex Bomb bath bomb in with you. Usually I wouldn’t suggest mixing bath bombs and bubbles as the bicarbonate of soda can ruin the foam. However, the scents of both really complement each other and the blood pumping clary sage in each product is perfect to perk you up before your date!
5. Sit back and unwind as you breathe in the essential oils. You’ll notice that your face mask won’t dry in the steam, but don’t worry, it’s still working its magic!
6. Once you’re ready (and resemble a prune) lift yourself out of the bath and use fresh water to gently wash the mask off your face. Pat dry with a towel and try not to scrub your skin.
7. Continue to towel dry yourself gently and use Tender as the Night massage bar on your arms and legs. This is a massage bar, so yes it’s a bit oily! You can easy pop some talc over the areas to dry up excess oils. You’ll be left with the scent with none of the residue.
8. Once you’ve dried your hair, layer up your fragrances with a splodge of Soap & Glory’s The Daily Smoothie body lotion. The signature ‘Mist you Madly’ Soap & Glory fragrance is one of my all time favourites and is sure to compliment your date night outfit. Subtle enough to support musky perfumes, this final layer of fragrance really sets the tone for your night.
So there you have it, a date night bath cocktail worthy of Little Mix’s black magic book! The key to finding the perfect bath cocktail combo is scent matching and I’m sure you’ll love the gorgeous scents featured in this. Not only will this bath make you feel amazing the warm water is sure to calm any pre-date nerves you may have.
And hey, if your date goes really well, you can bring a friend next time! Thank me later.